If you’re itching to try hypnotherapy but are under the impression that it’s more effective in person, you can’t be more wrong…
I know what you’re thinking- online hypnotherapy is not as effective as face-to-face therapy and you don’t believe it can work properly over the internet?
Or maybe you think that it’s just not for you. You think some things should stay the way they’ve always been and that some things shouldn’t take place online.
Perhaps you’re worried about online scams or the possibility of somebody hacking into the session and spying on you. To avoid scams, make sure your hypnotherapist has a website and contact details so you can arrange a phone call or zoom call before booking to make sure they ar real and a good fit for you. There is just as much chance of scams happening for face to face sessions as online so check this in either situation.
As for somebody hacking into the session, most online hypnotherapists use Zoom which is a secure tool with lots of options to protect privacy. You don’t have to have your video on, if you don’t want to as the session can take place with just voices; however, it is better if you do feel comfortable on video as this allows the hypnotherapist to see when you are in and out of hypnosis.
Online hypnotherapy can be just as effective as face-to-face therapy, and in some cases, it can even be more effective.
Here are a few reasons why:
- You’re in the comfort of your own home. You can schedule a time when it’s just you, when you know you won’t be disturbed and, as you’re in a familiar place you will feel more safe than being in a room with a total stranger.
- You don’t have to worry about travel time. You can book at a time to suit you and you won’t have to worry about driving or getting public transport to the session, which can sometimes be an extra source of stress which can make it harder for you to relax and enter a hypnotic state.
- The hypnotherapist will also feel more comfortable as they will be in their own home too, where they also don’t have to worry about transport or any other things that may cause stress.
- You can ask for the video session to be recorded so you know everything that happened during the session, which can be reassuring.
I know it can be scary to try something new, but I encourage you to give online hypnotherapy a try. You might be surprised at how effective it can be.
Here are some additional benefits of online hypnotherapy:
- It’s more affordable. A lot of hypnotherapists offer discounted sessions for online as they don’t have travel costs.
- It’s more convenient. You can fit therapy into your busy schedule as you could schedule an evening or early morning session when you don’t have to worry about driving in the dark or public transport timetables.
- It’s more accessible. If you live in a rural area or have a disability, online therapy can make it easier to get the help you need.
If you’re still unsure, I encourage you to talk to a hypnotherapist about your concerns. They can help you understand how online hypnotherapy works and answer any questions you have.
I hope this blog post has helped to overcome some of your objections to online hypnotherapy. If you’re ready to give it a try, I encourage you to reach out to a hypnotherapist today.